Thursday, July 17, 2014

True Friends


Usually we assume our family will be the closest and most caring to us, and for some this may be true. But for most our biggest fans and closest friends start out as strangers. Today I want to share with you what a true supporter or friend is to me. If you can relate please share.

The people I hold closest to my heart are the people that understand that even though I may not call them daily or weeks may go buy before we get a chance to spend time together that I still think about them often. I don't tolerate relationships that require a certain number of interactions. For me that is an added stress to an already stressful world. Who needs more stress?

Living a healthy lifestyle is the biggest deal breaker when making and keeping friends. This was the hardest one for me in the beginning, but it taught me so much. If someone isn't supportive of the healthy lifestyle you choose, then they are not a true friend. I lost a lot of friends over the years and it’s ok because I made new friends.

Sometimes being a supportive friend is knowing when to bite your lip. Everyone needs to make their own decisions in life to grow. If someone is always telling you what you should or shouldn't do kick them to the curb.

Finally, a true friend will support you in all your crazy dreams, and will be there to pick you up if you fall. You see the most important trait of a good friend is loyalty. There is a reason a dog is called "man's best friend". You can yell and even scold a dog, then loving say his name and he will gladly come running with his tail wagging.






No comments:

Post a Comment