Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Park Bench Workout

They are so many days when being a mom takes precedence over my workouts and for the past few months it has been a constant struggle to fit it all in.  Many days it just didn't happen and I will would end up feeling depressed or even mad.  I recently made a new commitment to myself " workouts should be fun, not another job.  I will do my best to be active daily but if I miss a workout or I only have time for 20 minutes to spare I will make the most of it and then move on." I decided to share this because I think there are many moms who are too hard on themselves as I have been and I hope to inspire them to be more forgiving of themselves. 

Moms are STRONG inside and out!:)

Today I took my kids to the local park and while they played by me I was able to squeeze in a 30 minute workout.

Park Bench Workout
Equipment: Bench, kettlebell, a watch
This is what I did...

Bench Step Ups with Kick Back (10 reps each leg)
Side Step Up with Side Kick (10 reps each leg)
Bench Push Up (10 reps)
Jog in Place or Around Kids  (30 seconds)
One Arm Row with Kettle Bell (10 reps each arm)
Squat with Over Head Press (10 reps)
Tricep dips (10 reps)

Rest 1 minute. Then repeat 2 more times.

I had a great time watching the kids and breaking a sweat!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment