Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Joy of Journaling

Ok so you have probably heard it a million times before...keeping a journal can help u stay on a diet and fitness plan. It’s true. In fact, I used to be obsessed with it. About 6 years ago I was diligent in keeping a food log. I would plan all my meals the day before and then correct them if something changed as the day went along. I kept track of the serving size, the time I ate and the calories. I also keep track of my weekly weight and measurements. Eventually I got lazy; honestly it became one more chore that I had to do each day. Since then I did try it here and there, but I was never really able to get back into the groove of tracking again. Until now. For the past week I have been setting aside 10 minutes to write about my diet, exercise plan, my feelings for the day, plans for the next day... You get the point. The important thing for me is allowing myself the freedom to write whatever I want for that entry. If I have a format to follow like: 1. Meal Plan 2. Cardio 3. Weights 4. Feelings 5. Tomorrow’s plans… it feels to much like work. As long as I make an entry once a day it helps me stays on track by keeping my goals present. This really works for me; I would love it to work for you too. Give it a try for a few days then send me a message and let me know if it worked for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment